Grace and I are seriously considering starting a business together. Last year, I had the thought that since my mother painted and my sister made wreaths and redid furniture and now has a silhouette, and I sew, we can start doing little vendor booths together. Last weekend, Grace and I started chatting about her crafting and how I was going to get serious about a business this year. I've always been "made for you by Lulu." Any food stuffs I make always come with that and a logo. This year I'm going to get a real logo made, then some labels and a stamp and some cards. I've planned and started working on inventory. I need to decide on a website platform. Figure our how to take great pictures. Grace wants to be "Gigi's Doll Boutique" and we're working on patterns for doll clothes and accessories. I know it's going to be a slow process with lots of steps, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.
Sunday, January 8, 2017
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
My friend Michelle came in from Austin last week and I was able to spend some time with her. We went to a new local brewery then to dinner with other friends and back to the brewery. Great beer. They had a coffee porter that made me really happy.
Monday, January 2, 2017
Sunday, January 1, 2017
;------- This is an excellent book. I read it because of the buzz. It was great. Funny, original, steampunky, etc. Fantastic. Listening to it was great too. I got the second book, but put off reading it because I wanted to savor it. The second book ended on such a horrible cliffhanger. I was so pissed. I read the 3rd book, but that's the last one I'll read.
Friday, December 30, 2016
So with the quilt finished I'm starting on some other projects. Grace asked me when I was going to make her Christmas Rudolph apron. I had put it off because she already has a cute Christmas apron, but she asked and I miss her being gone, so I started it. I had cut out 2 blue jean little girls aprons, so I wanted to use the Rudolph material for the front and back it with the denim, but that was before the big craft-room clean up, so it's lost somewhere. So I used some plain blue from an estate sale. I'm doing it differently that I have before, but I think it will turn out ok.
Monday, December 26, 2016
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post. OK
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer. I don't have blog friends, really, so the tag stops with me :(
- What is your most played song on your iPod? (or if you don't have an iPod, that one song you listen to over and over and over)
- I listen to audiobooks. William Gibson
- What's your least favorite thing about yourself? Negative attitude
- What is your favorite smell? Pizza
- Do you dream or have nightmares? Weird dreams
- What is your "go to" healthy snack? beef jerky
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? morning person
- Do you lock your doors? Yes
- In which store would you max out your credit cards? Jo-Ann's
- What is the best/worst job you've ever had? best - teaching; worst - delivering phonebooks
- What is the one TV program you can't live without? Bizarre foods
- Can you function without coffee? No