Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spring Break Trip

This spring break I took a 2-day trip to New Orleans with my friend Joyce. Scott took the girls to his parents for those 2 days. We had a great time. It's good to be with the kids, but it's nice sometimes to get away too. We are similar travelers, so we had a list and we went everywhere we wanted to go.
Jackson Square and St. Louis Cathedral behind it. This was a nice place in the French Quarter to sit and rest. It's so old and so beautiful!

Beer sampler at Crescent City Brewhouse. Shiner is better!

At Lafayette Park every Wednesday there is a concert with lots of vendors of food and drinks. I had the pork tacos and they were DELICIOUS! Great atmosphere. There were people from all walks of life and situation there. 

Blue Crawfish at the Insectarium

Blue Dog - evidently he is a thing. My friend knew all about him. I've never noticed. 

Is this a fiddlehead fern? It was in an exhibit at the Insectarium and I just loved it!

French Market

Nice house down the road from where we stayed. We stayed in a converted mansion. It was fine. It wasn't a hotel, but it was ok. 

Big bug statuary at the Insectarium

Me on a giant worm exhibit at the Insectarium. It was a really neat thing for kids and adults. It was very educational and reasonably priced. I could have stayed in the gift shop for hours, but my friend (fortunately) was not interested. I got the girls some smashed pennies and I got Millie a book to put them in. 

This is me in front of the Mississippi River. I don't know what's wrong with the bottom of my dress.

This is the first trip I've taken with my new phone. It was neat to check in everywhere. Now people know all about my vacation, for better or worse. We ate at a restaurant that was on Diners, Drive ins and Dives and it was really good. We went to see really good jazz at Preservation Hall. Most places only took cash, which was inconvenient. The trolley cars and buses were great during the day, but it was hell trying to get back to the car after dark. All in all an incredible trip, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment