Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Recent Craftiness

I've started making little mug rugs. These are for Millie and Grace's teachers. I trace out the letters on fusible backing, iron that to pretty fabric then zigzag around that to applique that to the background fabric. Then I make a quilt sandwich, quilt it and then bind it. I made one for my nana for her 85th birthday. That one I did the fold over binding. I've gotten good at binding in some ways. I'm still working on making it look good from the back. 

This is a Valentine's Day wall hanging I designed. I finished it and brought it to show and tell at my LQS. I was worried about it hanging unevenly but I was told it was because I didn't quilt in all the space. Now I need to go back through and FMQ in all of the spaces. Maybe with a light pink or white. Duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment