Saturday, October 29, 2016

Sewing Class

I bought my sewing machine last summer from a local quilt shop and found my people. They had a monthly meeting at the shop where you came to show off your stuff, see what the shop was doing that month or coming up and get a discount on things you bought that night. Of course, there was a day meeting and a night meeting. I came to one day meeting that summer, but made sure I was at all of the night meetings. When the quilt shop closed, the ladies still wanted to get together, so they found a church and organized it.  I was only able to go to one this summer - they only meet during the day, but I showed this casserole carrier I had made. They asked if I could teach it as a class, but I could only do it in the afternoons, after school, so we set that up and we had people come.

It was a lot of fun. I had submitted the directions and materials and I just walked around and helped. I got a lot of good ideas and Charlotte gave me a serger - a nice one that someone gave her and she didn't need and couldn't figure out how to thread it. So Julie took it home and set it up for me. I haven't used it - I haven't had time to sit down with it, but I can't wait to figure it out!





No comments:

Post a Comment