Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday

Today we went to Houston for my 3-month post op appointment. Mom decided to go with us and we made a day of it. I had to give blood, which was an ordeal. I'm a hard stick and the lady needed like 7 vials of blood. Needless to say, it was a process. And I'll be sporting some bruises for a few days. Gracie, always friendly, made a new friend at LabCorp. She shared her colors and her gum with a little girl also there with her family.
We went to eat at Freebird's - my favorite place ever. Gracie was so good everywhere we went today. She ate "2 pairs of rice" and no beans. Stubborn, that girl. There's no convincing her or talking her into some protein. There was a slight meltdown when she discovered I got her water instead of sprite, but she had some later.
After we ate, we went to the Houston Museum of Natural Science to see the butterflies and dinosaur bones. TomTom did a good job of getting us around Houston. We also went to Ikea. That put us coming back smack in the middle of rush hour traffic. My mother complimented my driving. That was almost the best part of the day.
But the best part was finding out that my sister is having a GIANT baby - the ultrasound puts him at almost 10 lbs. Needless to say, there is a c-section in her future. Hopefully it will be before we leave for vacation. I can't wait to see him and hold him! Here's to giant babies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment