Thursday, January 19, 2017

Sewing weekend

Usually in the spring time our schedules are super busy. Since it's the beginning of the year, things really haven't geared up yet, so we've been able to enjoy a few chill weekends. The girls have been able to spend some quality time with my mom. And I've been able to sew. I rearranged the play room again to make it more of a studio. I still have some storage ideas to set up, but I'm happy with the result at the moment. This Friday I was able to sew. Saturday I quilted at my church for LWR. I did the binding for 3 quilts and pieced a top. Then I spent the rest of Saturday, most of Sunday and a good chunk of Monday sewing. I got a lot done.
I thought we were going to do a Valentine's bake sale for Grace, so I cut out a lot of Valentine's themed tissue holders. The bake sale will be later in the year, but those are things that could always be used for some gift or sales thing.
I'm trying to work on a messenger bag using a free pattern online - which sucks. So it's slow going.
I have a system - I cut lots of things; I sew all the things; I iron all the things; I regroup and figure out what's next.
I was also working on the round robin for the quilt guild. I had some (male) students help me figure out what kind of border to do. I think it turned out ok, though it's not as good as the first one I did. And it's not all that straight.
I pulled out Alletaire, thinking I was going to start the quilting process, which I'm determined to enjoy. I love it so much, but I can see how my skills have gotten better in just the last 6 months. Because I didn't end up cutting it straight, I'm putting on the final borders in the worst way you can do it, but it is what it is. I have a plan for the backing. Again, it's a process. I just need some time to work on it.
I like that I have a lot of projects going and they're in different stages. Finishes are coming - I can feel it. I am almost finished with 50 or so tissue holders. I just need to quilt and trim some Christmas potholders.
Round robin border #2 with Tri-rec units. Not as perfect as I want. 

Why my sessions are not so productive :) 
:

Me n my happy place, sewing at church

No comments:

Post a Comment