Thursday, August 1, 2013

Do we dare ask. . .

What else can go wrong? The work car is overheating, which will cost money to fix. The water heater went out, which I know will cost a lot of money to fix. We’re trying to keep positive and count our blessings, but it’s getting harder. School starts for me in 2 weeks and I’ve planned some weekend trips to finish off summer. I should cancel them, but I’m not. My sister said that I’d still be broke at the end of the month, so what’s a little broker. I’m going anyway. Tomorrow I’m meeting my college friend Leslie in College Station and we’re going to tour a few wineries there and spend the night at a budget hotel that I’m paying for. Saturday we’re going to Brenham to tour some other wineries and such and stay in a much nicer B&B that she is paying for – but I love her and I’m really looking forward to spending time with her. I’m hoping to go to Austin the following weekend and spend the weekend with another friend there. And just let the financial chips fall where they may. Scott is trying to get a job. Hopefully something comes up soon.

I spent 2 days this week delivering phone books for a paltry sum. I’m embarrassed to even tell, considering how much work it was and how HOT HOT HOT it was. I’m looking forward to school starting. I’m going to miss my baby, though. She likes having me home, but I wouldn’t be good at staying home all the time. Grace and I went with my sister and her son and a friend to a water park today. It was nice to get away, but I did miss Millie a lot. She was fine with MawMaw, but I missed her. She’s going to be with Grace and Scott at Scott’s parents while I’m wino-ing.

No comments:

Post a Comment