Sunday, August 4, 2013

Mama vacation 1 day 2

Bfast 1Bfast 2

I’m all about a free breakfast and I’m an early riser, so Saturday morning, I got up, took a shower and was down in the lobby at 6:15 for my first breakfast (on the left). Then I went back to the room to finish my coffee, then I went back later with Leslie for second breakfast (on the right). So my morning was off to a great start.

But no one else in the area is an early riser or early opener, so we started out at the Chappell Hill Lavender Farm. I thought there was a festival that day, but it was this next weekend, but we browsed the gift shop and walked the grounds. The woman there said it would be a good place to come in the spring to take bluebonnet pictures. And there is a gazebo.

From there we went to the Antique Rose Emporium. I’d been there before and it’s a beautiful place where you can spend a lot of money on plants. Good, high quality, healthy plants, but they are a bit pricey. You can’t find them anywhere else, though, which is really cool.

ARE bird houseARE pink flamingosARE pretty flowers 2ARE pretty flowersARE tin flowersARE tin man

There are cool children’s areas, beautiful flowers and some ponds. We didn’t buy anything, just walked around awhile. From there we went to Windy Winery to do the grape stomp. I didn’t see much in the way of wines there, but @ $25 a pop, they were seeing more money from that than from any wine-making process.

WW LLWW grapesWW stompWW stonpWW shirts 2WW shirts

We were given a bucket and a knife, then took a hayride to the field. The feller showed us where the grapes were hiding and let us go. We did that for awhile then took them back to the buckets to stomp them. They didn’t make wine from these grapes, and it seemed from the 3 wineries we went to that much wine was made from grapes brought in from elsewhere and it was better if they were all from Texas, but that wasn’t possible really.

We stomped them then stepped on a shirt. For the memories.

And that’s just half of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment