Friday, June 3, 2011

What a productive weekend!

I don’t know what I’ve been doing differently, but I’ve found the energy skinny people are reported to have. That’s the most common question – do you feel better? Well, for the past several months, no I haven’t. I’ve been sluggish with no energy. But now, wow! I can’t sit still. Scott calls it nesting. Whatever it is, I’m so glad it’s here.

Saturday I got up early intending to wash down Gracie’s walls because this was her room re-do weekend. Scott hid the cleaner from me, so I folded laundry and started cooking. This week was payday for both of us, so I was able to go to the store. I cooked a chicken Friday night and took it apart Saturday morning. It made 5 big dishes and 1 small soup. Then I made chicken stock in the crock pot. I also made 2 bags of beans over the week. With the beans and stock, I freeze them in 1-cup increments and use them in recipes when I need to. The beans mostly go in my dishes, but chicken stock is useful anytime.

So I cooked, then I started on Gracie’s room. I’ll post more of that on a separate post with pictures. It seemed so intimidating, but it didn’t end up that way. By the end of the weekend, I’m pretty pleased with it.

We went shopping around Friday night and she was getting all excited about picking out her own door knobs, then looking at bathroom fixtures and kitchen fixtures. She told Scott that the one in our bathroom was so ugly. She will be a force of nature someday.

We went to a kid’s birthday party Saturday and it was a lot of fun. She had a blast, but it was hot hot hot!

I ended up doing things I needed to do and things I wanted to do. I even started on her dance scrap book. Talk about amateur hour! I started on bias tape for an apron I want to make soon. And I have ideas going. I’m very happy about that.







No comments:

Post a Comment