Thursday, September 26, 2013

Books

I started getting more non-fiction books from the library to fill my personal development item on my 34 before 35 list. I skimmed through 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families and it was pretty good. I learned about making situations win-win. I shared some of it with Scott. I still think we need to come up with a family motto and line out what our values are, but Scott is resistant, because it will make him commit to care about something other than the internet. But I digress.

I read through this You Can Do It girl power book. I really liked the concept, but there was not much in there that I wanted to do. One of the things it encouraged is dreaming. I spent about a week telling myself that I don’t really do that. Then I started dreaming. Small stuff – it comes down to being happy where I am- but it’s there.

I read Wheat belly and I’m looking into more healthy stuff. I’m not totally sold on his science, but I’m willing to tryish. I’m writing down a bunch of recipes, thinking a lot about it. It’s not really that different than the bariatric diet I should still be following. Just a few tweaks here and there.

So I’m dreaming about diet. I’m dreaming about a vegetable garden that I keep up with and eat from. I’m dreaming about spices and herbs and making my own foods and stuff. And canning! Jams! Sauces! Salsas! But those dreams require work. Am I going to keep up with that work? Am I committed? I want to put aside Monday afternoons to play in the dirt and now that it’s turning cooler, there’s no excuse. I need a garden mentor.

I’ve been walking every morning. I did the first couch to 5k workout, then it rained for 2 days. I started back Sunday and got most of the way through, but had to come back for the bathroom.

But I’m still dreaming.

I loved this Mutants book. I wish it were more current, but I want to buy it and write all in it. It was really good.

Books 1Books 2

I got another gluten-free cookbook that I haven’t gone through yet. I got a spices book that I’m going to read soon. I just finished FarmFood, which was interesting, but it had such odd ingredient combinations. I don’t think I’m there yet. Smile 

No comments:

Post a Comment