Monday, September 5, 2011

Things I love about Grace

Something I love about my baby girl is her love and care for others. Scott says I have a problem with empathy sometimes. He's probably right, so this wonderful characteristic of hers is probably all him. He is especially solicitous and caring for her and for me. But Gracie extends that to everyone. When a kid is crying, she tries to comfort, sitting beside them, trying to buck them up, telling them everything will be ok. If someone drops something, she helps pick it up. The other night in the car I was digging in my purse trying to find my watermelon chap stick. I was fake-whining about it and she was all about trying to make it better. "It's ok mommy, keep looking, you'll find it. It's ok if you don't find it, you can use the bee one. It's ok."
It's so sweet. She talks about her friends in ways that I know she is (probably too much during school) helpful and comforting to them. We went out to eat the other night and she took the last cheese stick, but broke it in half to share with me - no prompting, I didn't give her a dirty look for taking the last one, etc. She just wanted to share it with me. So sweet. I'm so proud - and I know it has nothing to do with me. It's just just how God and her daddy made her. I pray it never goes away.    

No comments:

Post a Comment