Saturday, January 11, 2014

Favorite podcasts

I decided last year to stop pirating audiobooks, so I started listening to free podcasts. I've been through several that I thought were good, then started to be annoying. Here are some that I've stuck with and I'll tell you why.

Andrew Zimmern of Bizarre Foods fame along with someone who works in his office. I went back to listen from the beginning and have enjoyed every one. There's a lot of behind-the-food scenes stuff, and other, normal stuff. I love AZ in all forms.


This is a newish one with Alton Brown just being Alton Brown. He talks recipes, fashion, food and other things with guests or on his own. Not every episode is a winner, but they are usually very listenable.

Garden Brew is 2 guys talking about brewing beer and having their garden, both of which I like. Interesting, but not for everyone.

Chris Hardwick was a 90s host and has been doing this podcast with 2 friends for several years. There are about 430 episodes. Most of them are interviews with entertainers, some more famous than others. There are some really good ones in there.
This is all about organic living. There are 3 hosts and guests around a topic. Some are better than others, but it's not from around here. This one and The Food Craftsman (who didn't have a logo) are from or focus on the San Francisco Bay area, which seems to be a mecca of all things great food.

I really have no idea why I listen to this one. I think it's entertainment, but it's really random. Frustrated actors dishing on lots and lots of stuff. Funny and entertaining, but again, not for everyone.


That's what's on my running list.
Do you have any that you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment