Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Produce co-op

I feel like our little area is getting big time. First a real Farmer's Market, now we have the opportunity for a produce co-op. It's not local produce, but it's fresh and I like that it's a random assortment each week. You pay with paypal, then go pick it up on Tuesday afternoon.  Fresh avocados with tomatoes make great guacamole, or even the avocado on sandwiches. I don't even like tomatoes, but the grape tomatoes were great. Lettuce, onions, garlic, celery, bananas, pears, apples. There was a pomegranate in this last one that I'm about to eat. I'm trying to figure out the cabbage. I think I'm going to make stuffed cabbage tomorrow. One of the farmers at the market is still offering winter produce, though I haven't gotten anything from them. They are looking into doing a chicken CSA. I don't think I'm going to do it this time, but I'm thinking about it for later. Local chickens, freshly processed - that's important to me, so I should put my money where my heart is and do it.





1 comment: