Saturday, July 11, 2009

Family reunion



Saturday we had a family reunion at Mary's house. Family like extended family I hadn't seen in several years. We used to all travel to Arkansas during the summers to gather together, but we haven't done that since my great grandmother was too ill to go. The eldest generation is having trouble getting around and the newest generation are all toddlers - such is the circle of life. There was a tent and a blow up bouncy, along with the other swing set and trampoline. Scott and I got on the trampoline before the kids came out to play and it was fun. Of course, being old, we didn't stay on it too long. Gracie came to me later and wanted me to jump with her, which suprised me. She usually wants to play with daddy or paw-paw. It was nice to see people. Nice to just hang, even though it was so, so hot. Gracie came home and tried to insist on finding too-small night-nights, which she couldn't, so she ended up naked for most of the afternoon. At some point she wanted to wash the paint of her clothes, so she was rubbing hand soap from the sink all over her face, then rubbing her eyes, which was a disaster. I didn't realize what she was up to until I saw her start rubbing her eyes. Poor baby, and of course, she doesn't listen when you tell her how to make it better, i.e., sticking her head under the running water faucet. I don't know where she gets her hard head from.

I can't sleep. I think I'm going to take some ibuprophen and try to go to bed. I have a lot to do this week to get ready for G's party. Bake a cake, shop for food; wrap presents, etc. Her party is Sunday afternoon and Monday evening we're hosting our ladies' meeting, which means we prepare a meal and do the devotion. Since I was delegate to the convention, I'll be the program as well. And my house is a mess. I need to keep up with it better. It gets out of hand and I get bursts of needing-to-do-something-about-it-ness, but they don't last nearly long enough.
I did finally realize that no overtime = no money, so we won't be going to San Antonio this year. I'm disappointed. I had a great trip planned. Maybe in a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment