Sunday, July 17, 2016

Table runners and Pie Carriers

I found some co-ordinating napkins at Kohl's on clearance. I kept them for a long time, not knowing what to do with them. Last summer, I started watching Missouri Star Quilt Company Tutorials on you tube. I saw the one on snowball quilts, so I started cutting and sewing squares together. Of course, me being me, I never measure or plan, so I just started putting things together. I'd get to a certain point, then stop because I didn't know what to do next, then I'd think of something and start again. So they took a long time to get finished. I bought some co-ordinating blue yardage from JoAnn's for backing and binding. These were the perfect trial and error projects. I learned so much and refined so much doing them. I made them long and short. And I have several - not sure what to do with them - maybe church craft fair? Definitely giveaways :)





These were a little more recent - I thought they would be great gifts, so I made one for my sister and it turned out well. So I looked through my stash for co-ordinating fabrics of appropriate sizes. I had limited success on this, but they are done and they turned out well. I have 2 random patterns and one Nightmare Before Christmas for my GS co-leader. 


No comments:

Post a Comment