Sunday, January 29, 2012

Saturday

I can't find my camera! It's somewhere. I used it last weekend to take pictures of the garden experience, but it's disappeared now. Friday night I took Gracie to our school's talent show. They called it Indian Idol and it was very good. The first act was a guy playing keyboards and singing with a girl singing Adele. There were some original songs and a few dancers. It was good to see talented kids shine.
Saturday we got up early and went to IHOP for breakfast. Coffee there is $2.39! I was shocked. We bought a birthday present and went to our church's thrift shop to look for Gracie some rain boots, because hers are too small. We didn't find any, but I did get some cute little figurines - no camera to show you though. I found some maternity capris and a cute purple sheet to use for fabric. Then we went to Beaumont - Specs for some vodka for when my vanilla beans come in, then to Chuck E Cheese for a family birthday party. It was good. Gracie had a good time. Most of the family kids were there, so they all got to play together. Gracie went home with my mom, so I had the rest of the day to myself. I finished my Christmas tree part of the quilt; I washed and folded up and hung up some baby clothes. I started going through my scraps and straightening them up. I want to sew and make something, but I don't know what. We really don't need any more blankets around here. I found a tutorial for a chapstick holder and one for a baby block that I may try today. Give the chapstick holders as part of a hostess gift for my friends who are throwing me a shower in March. Kind of a lazy, productive night. Scott and I are going to church Sunday, then going home to take a nap until we get Gracie back. Then she is spending some time cleaning her room. With me supervising!

No comments:

Post a Comment