Thursday, August 4, 2011

Backing dilemma.


Even though I am a scientist with a science degree and everything, I'm still really bad at measurements and numbers. Algebra, I can do. Other maths and sums (geometry, trigonometry, calculus,  I'm looking @ you). not so much. Which is why I don't to it. I don't find gauges when I crochet; etc. Not good @ it. I'm pretty good at cutting fabric a certain way. Otherwise, hm. So I measure the quilt top I made and did some calculations in my head and decided what I needed and bought that. It wasn't enough, of course, so I had to go back. Of course the original fabric was gone and I chose another. Cool. So I've got dots and stripes. What to do? What to do? I think I'm going to do strips of each color and alternate them. But here again, lots of maths and sums and  - well I'm going to jump in there soon and start.    

No comments:

Post a Comment