Friday, August 5, 2011

More backing dilemma




So I sewed all the strips together and laid them out - still not wide enough. So I need to get my booty back in the sewing room and add some width to the edges. Not hard, I don't think. But still. I don't wanna. I want to be finished with this dingy-dangy thing. So I'll do it soon. I worked on my corners. I thought I understood how to do a mitered corner with the folding over thing I was going to do. Not so much. I made several pot holders, thinking they would be practice for the placemats. No dice. I finally ended up fussing with it, snipping here and there to make it meet. Ended up better, but still not good. I finished one placemat and messed up the corners. Not bad, like maybe they won't notice, but I still feel like a failure. I'm going to do some thinking on it. I've decided on a few other gifts I want to make - a crochet needle holder, wristlet key chains and a good bag tutorial I want to try soon. I want to make Gracie a trick-or-treat bag. And I have a cousin's bday I think I might make her a little tote bag with some neat stuff in. We'll see. Feeling unmotivated!      

No comments:

Post a Comment