Saturday, May 7, 2011

Book marks

For my mother's and mother-in-law's mother's day I made fabric bookmarks with this tutorial. With the flowers and linings. I upcycled some of Gracie's shirts that had stains for the bookmarks and for the flowers. I used the fused shopping bags to stiffen the fabric. That ended up being too hard to turn inside out, so I modified it a bit.



This is the first final product. In subsequent ones, I sewed the fabric together with an opening at the bottom. I put a smaller piece of the fused shopping bag in the center, then sewed it up.









This is the fabric I cut out to make bookmarks with.










These are my final ones.







They're fast to make up. Good gifts.


2 comments:

  1. Those are lovely! I love that tutorial from Skip To My Lou! You are going to have some happy mothers on your hands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and for your comment. I really get a lot out of your blog. It's definitely one of my favorites. And it helps that you're in Texas ;)

    ReplyDelete