Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Books I love - Kate Daniels

This is the second series I love that has a new book coming out at the end of this month. Ilona Andrews is actually a husband and wife team. I follow their blog - neat people. They have teenage daughters they adore plus animals. They have 2 series out and I think they are working on a third. I like the first book in the second series - I haven't read the second.
Here is another case of authors and books being hyped in the blogosphere. Buzz, buzz, buzz and I'll be damned if it wasn't all true. I have and love all of the Kate Daniels books in ebook and audiobook. They aren't straight romance - more urban fantasy in an alternate magic Atlanta. Kate is a great protagonist. Tough, generous, does the right thing, etc. Not too perfect. She and the hero have just now gotten together in the 4th (?) book. I can't wait.

I'm actually glad that they have gotten together. They are great together and if written well, can be a benefit to the series. One of the things that turns me off about the Sookie Stackhouse series is how great Sookie is - and how unimpressive all of the males in her sphere are. Not one of them are worthy of her. It's annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment