Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Books I love - Nalini Singh

Nalini Singh is one of my favorite authors. When I first started reading blogs, Nalini Singh was the next big thing, lots of hype. And it was all deserved. While I haven't loved every single book in her series, I've loved most of them. That's quite a feat, considering there's more than 8 of them. Kiss of Snow comes out at the end of the month. I would buy it then, but she's coming to the US - she lives down under - for a tour this summer and I plan to go see her at a book signing in June. I can't wait.
I have reservations about Kiss of Snow. The hero is much older and in a position of power over the heroine. But he's totally hot and previews of the book are good, so I'm looking forward to it.
The series is a not so distant future alternate history that includes humans, changelings and those with psychic powers - the Psy. Tensions abound. There are some short stories sprinkled in too. The first book in the series is Slave to Sensation - and it's great. The second is Visions of Heat - and it's great. The third is Caressed by Ice - and it's great. The fourth is Mine to Possess - and it's great. The fifth is . . . need I go on?

No comments:

Post a Comment