Saturday, May 28, 2011

Reproduction


I like this time of year for just one reason. I get to teach the biology of human reproduction. It usually generates good discussions. Even with kids who think they know it all. There's lots of "really?"s and "OMG I'm never having a baby!". You know, things I like to hear. And there's such a mix of kids. Some have too much sexual knowledge but not the biology part. Some are just babies and disgusted by the whole thing. But they need info about menstrual cycles and ovulation and how and why. And man are they quiet when I ask them to be. Sex sells and they don't want to miss a thing. If only every thing I taught could elicit that response. It's almost to the end of the year. Home stretch. Then it's Gracie and mommy time. Wa hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment