Monday, July 11, 2011

Date night

Thanks to my mother volunteering to keep Gracie Monday night, Scott and I got to go on a date. We had a gift card and coupon for Outback and it was delicious. We had steak and snow crabs and shrimp fettuccine.  We went to B&N afterwards, our usual date place. I did something stupid and ate a sugary dessert and we left early. Of course, Scott's stomach wasn't behaving either, so  - we're just getting old, I guess. I don't know what I was thinking. I can't eat like I used to. This is the 3rd time this summer I've done this. Sugar = nausea; or worse. I've thrown up key lime tart and an ice cream cone. I will learn eventually.
Really, I dropped Scott off @ B&N and I went to Michael's and Jo-ann's, where I had coupons and shopping lists. Scott really shouldn't let me do that.  
  I found these for $1 (or less) each for Gracie's bday. She'll love them - with her initials - a little box with little sheets of stationary and a little booklet with post-its and her initials.









I also found these cupcake holders (we are always in need - or so I usually think) and $1 isn't bad for 50. I had a 40% off coupon and used it for pinking shears - something I think I need to sew. And these little candy molds. I keep thinking that I'm going to melt down crayons to make home made crayons (and I will when we gather up enough crayon pieces). These were $0.50 each. (CHEEP!)





At the lunch I went to with my friends last week I brought up some sewing, crafty-thing and the lone man there made some mockery, saying that we're all going to make a new outfit and wear it the first day of school. Well, I'm going to do just that. AHHHH!. I found this pretty red fabric and I love red. With a 50% off coupon, I got 2 yards for $6. Well, less than that because I get another some off with my teacher discount. I thought I had bookmarked some dress patterns, but not really. So I'm still thinking. I like this one from icandy handmade series "fun in the sun[dress]. This one too, but upsized for me. If it's bad, it will be a learning experience and just $6 gone. If it's good, then I can make more and more. Even as a sleeveless dress, I can wear a black cardigan over it. If it's bad, I can cut it all up to make coasters or some such thing. The fabric is going in the wash. Then we will begin!
 Then I picked up these remnants. Texas A&M flannel - almost a whole yard for 50% off. I think I'm going to make my precious nephew some flannel pants for Christmas. Maybe even Gracie too, or myself some shorts. Possibilities. And watermelon fabric!! So cute. Coasters? Add some bright green and make placemats? Or use this tutorial to make a pretty tank. And the red will be good for Christmas stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment