Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sewing failures

I took these pictures with my phone, so they didn't turn out well anyway, but here are my failures of late. I tried to make a potholder to go with the apron. I just tried to put fabric together to make a square. That could have gone better, but it was ok. Then I quilted it a very little on the sides to make a square. Again, could have been better, but not bad. Then I tried to bind it. I followed a tutorial I had found and it was ok. What I did wasn't ok. I'm not sure what I did wrong. I'm going to have to try again. It's just normal quilt binding. I know it takes practice. I need to practice before I actually do a quilt. So fail. Learning curve.












The second failure was a little pouch. It was the zipper that got me. I hand quilted some of the flight pattern of the bees and it was cute. Trying to sew on the zipper was the sticking point for me. I have a zipper foot in with my machine. I couldn't figure out how to at
tach it. Either I'm missing a part or it's a foot for another machine. Could be either one. I have the directions for my machine, but I think I need someone to sit and go through the machine and its parts with me. I never took home ec or anything, so I feel a little clueless sometimes. My mom said she would sometime. I have other feet too, but I'm not sure what to do with them. I was looking forward to making a lot of those little zippered pouches for gifts, since I won those zippers.

1 comment:

  1. Awe, sorry Laura! That's frustrating. I wish I could show you...is there someone you know that could give you some pointers? I hope you're able to find a helper soon!

    ReplyDelete