Friday, July 8, 2011

Sewing success

I had some successes and failures in the sewing room this week. I'll share the successes first. I finished an apron for my friend. It is made from blue jeans, like the one I did for the little girl. It uses rooster fabric for the binding (bias but not really) tape. And it has a nice ruffle. It took me 3 tries to get it right, but it looks good. I'll try to get a picture of the ruffle.

Success #2 are some drawstring bags. I used ribbon instead of strings, but they are cute. After I understood how it worked, I used the Strawberry shortcake fabric and made some for Gracie's bday party. I'm going to put some goodies in them and use them as prizes for the little contests. I also lost track of my camera for a few days, so pictures are not so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment