Saturday, July 16, 2011

Taking in clothes



 So I've lost about 90 lbs. There are some clothes I didn't choose to part with. I'm not sure why. I made my first attempt at altering clothes the other day. I made another seam a few inches on each side, then took some of the elastic in from the top. It's still big, but not as bad. I don't think. I tried to do the exact same thing with an identical shirt in black this morning, but it didn't work and I had to bin the whole project. I saved the elastic and will resuse the fabric, but not as a shirt, unfortunately.  

This skirt was a size 20. I really like the fabric. I may use it as coasters or napkins later on. It had a linen-like lining that I took out, added some elastic and now I have a slip to wear under dresses and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment