Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A quilt

I'm terrified to commit myself to this, but I already have. I have no clue. I'm reading directions and going from there. AHHHH! I'm using a pattern from this book that I won a few months ago. It's the fall one called Magic Carpet. It's a beginning pattern and calls for 8 1/2 inch squares, 8 1/2 x  2 1/2 inch rectangles and 2 1/2 inch squares. I cut out cardboard templates and I'm using Gracie's old clothes. Is that ok? Is that crazy? I'm using her cute old shirts with patterns and embroidery, and pretty colors and patterns. I have other, real fabric as well to fill in, but we'll see. We'll see how it goes. I don't know!! Some of the patterns aren't 8 1/2 inches square, so they'll have to have some other stuff added to it. I'll save those for last though. I'm scared to start sewing stuff together. I know that I can just unpick it if it's bad, but still. Still! I can do this! I can and will. I have to start somewhere. Right? Right.    

No comments:

Post a Comment